Enquire here to arrange a workshop for your team (up to 12 participants). Email us at email@example.com
Personalised Learning Workshop
Learn how to create and organise personalised learning pathways for students, using either your Learning Management System or a third party website such as Weebly. You can bring together digitalised explanations, learning challenges and collaboration tools in what becomes a transparent program that is visible to teachers, students, and parents alike.
If you've ever wondered what the teacher as 'guide on the side, not sage on the stage' looks like in practice, this workshop is for you.
Participants can either use their own school portal system, or instead consult our special training materials for a free Weebly website. Participants should bring a laptop to the workshop.
Workshops are held on-site in the SCIL Building at Northern Beaches Christian School:
1 Echunga Road, Terrey Hills NSW
Workshops run from 10am–4pm.
Lunch and snacks provided.
Day 1 only: $1950 (per group)
Day 1 + Day 2: $3450 (per group)
Prices include GST
In Day 1, participants observe personalised learning in action at Northern Beaches Christian School, debrief with students regarding their experiences and the impact of our techniques, explore key concepts and components and get hands-on practise with some of the action steps necessary to develop their own units.
- observe personalised learning techniques in action
- identify the shifting role of the teacher
- consider the practical steps involved in personalising a unit of work, including the creation of resources, the design of online spaces such as Weebly (but equally, of physical tools), and techniques such as image mapping to tie the unit together
- practise the capturing and automating of a range of learning resources and sequences
In Day 2, teachers have a chance to develop their own personalised learning unit with expert assistance. They leave with a prototype to implement with their own students. They also have a chance to explore and implement advanced elements, such as ‘gamification’ and game-based learning, if and when they are ready.
- create a prototype short personalised unit of work, or the overview and key elements of a longer unit.
- create a visual image or table that maps out structured choices for students
- devise a tracking system to maintain structure and cohesion within the range of student choices
- consider the value and impact of adding gamified elements to their unit.
Your Host: Steve Collis
Steve Collis joined NBCS in 2002 teaching English and French, and quickly attracted recognition in awards for ‘Excellence by a Teacher’ (National Quality Schools Awards) and ‘Microsoft Innovative Teacher of the Year’.
He joined the NBCS leadership team soon after, promoting innovation school-wide, and delivering training programs and workshops at schools around Australia and beyond. Steve helps colleagues re-envision virtual and physical spaces to nurture a powerful learning culture.
Educators who have access to a web portal or Learning Management System at their school, and are proficient in the basic steps involved in making resources and activities available to students.
Educators whose students can have access to the internet during class time.
True to our values, the workshop will be hands-on, fun, highly provocative, practical and authentic. You will talk with students and get their perspectives, play with new technologies, and leave with a plan, and resources, for the future.
Northern Beaches Christian School – Sydney Centre of Innovation in Learning
NSW Institute of Teachers’ endorsed provider of Institute Registered professional development for the maintenance of accreditation at Proficient Teacher/Professional Competence.
Scope of Endorsement:
- All Standards of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher
- All Elements of the NSW Professional Teaching Standards at Professional Competence
For the provision of ICT related professional development.
Day 1 addresses the following NSWIT Elements: