Enquire here to arrange a workshop for your team (up to 12 participants). Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
PD Workshop: PBL Unravelled
In Project Based Learning (PBL), students work through a structured process of inquiry in response to a complex question, problem, or challenge. Creating opportunities for personalisation, projects are carefully planned, managed, and assessed to help students learn syllabus mandated content, develop 21st Century Skills and create high-quality, authentic products & presentations.
Workshops are held in the SCIL Building at Northern Beaches Christian School:
1 Echunga Road, Terrey Hills NSW
Workshops run from 10am–4pm.
Lunch and snacks provided.
Day 1 only: $1950 (per group)
Day 1+Day 2: $3450 (per group)
Prices include GST
On Day 1 participants have a chance to explore the pedagogy of Project Based Learning, experiencing it themselves, seeing it in action, and debriefing with students about how the process has shaped their learning. They are walked through the planning and implementation steps for PBL, with recommendations and training around useful digital and print-based tools for making it happen. By the end of Day 1, participants have a vision for what PBL is and the next steps for giving it a go themselves.
- experience PBL for themselves
- understand the critical elements of a PBL learning program
- take home templates for use in their own projects
Day 2 (optional)
On Day 2 participants have the chance to develop their own PBL unit with expert assistance. They leave with a prototype in hand and ready to go.
- develop a PBL unit and the support documents to accompany it
Your Host: Mark Burgess
Mark Burgess joined the senior leadership NBCS in 2010 with a clear and ambitious brief:
- Pioneer a cross-curricular learning program for Science, History and Geography with 140 students and a team of teachers in 1 open space.
- Work with teachers school-wide to explore the possibilities of student-centric pedagogy in flexible learning spaces.
After 3 years as ‘Learning Activist’, Mark consults in Australia and internationally, unpacking the learning possibilities of Project-Based Learning, and spaces for learning. He has a reputation for a logistically bullet-proof ideas that thrive in the unpredictability of the school day.
Teachers interested in PBL, from Stages 2 to 6.
True to our values, the workshop will be hands-on, fun, highly provocative, practical and authentic. You will talk with students and get their perspectives, play with new technologies, and leave with a plan, and resources, for the future.
Northern Beaches Christian School – Sydney Centre of Innovation in Learning
NSW Institute of Teachers’ endorsed provider of Institute Registered professional development for the maintenance of accreditation at Proficient Teacher/Professional Competence.
Scope of Endorsement:
- All Standards of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher
- All Elements of the NSW Professional Teaching Standards at Professional Competence
For the provision of ICT related professional development.
Day 1 addresses the following NSWIT Elements: