Moodle Training Day
In our "Moodle Energy Boost" day we work with a team of your staff to build a vision and a skillset around using Moodle to super-charge learning. For some schools this may mean working with teachers who are new to Moodle, looking for "easy wins" that will help the system gain traction and boost staff enthusiasm and confidence. Other schools may have already used Moodle for some time, but need to add momentum and build a more dynamic vision for exploiting its capabilities.
We bring a broad range of living examples from our own school to show Moodle as we ourselves use it each day: to engage, empower, and differentiate for learners. And we can show teachers how to go to the next level.
We'd love to chat with you and tailor a program to suit.
Please note we will build a personalised program after learning more about your current needs.
9.00am to 10.00am
Session #1 A Vision for Blended Learning
We start the day with learners: what do they need? how are they getting it? where can Moodle help?
Our facilitator showcases a range of real world examples in current use at our school and works with the group to identify a contextual short list of skills and techniques to pursue.
- Critical themes typically emerge: the power of expertise-on-demand and student choice, the importance of visual layout, and the potential of information feedback loops to work with students at their point of need.
10.30am to 1.00pm
Session #2 Building the Skills
- Participants work on their own Moodle installation to build a working prototype that exploits blended learning.
- Typical skills include: multimedia creation ("flipped learning"), use of inbuilt Moodle course layouts, visual layout techniques (using clickable icons or image hotspotting), using badging, choices, or plugins.
2.00pm to 3.00pm
Session #3 Taking it Further
- Participants showcase their prototypes and gain feedback.
- We move the conversation to a longer-term vision - what would they like to see with student learning in a term from now, a year from now, and three years from now?
Typical cost is $1950 inc GST plus travel and accommodation.
Participants will have access to our Student Portal & SCIL Portal (resources on PBL, Personalised Learning, Technology, Space Design, Collaboration and more).
We recommend groups of up to 12 participants.
If you require further information or wish to make a booking, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant has been in the vanguard of our use of Moodle at Northern Beaches Christian School since he joined in 2005, pioneering online HSC courses while heading up our internal professional development strategy around Moodle. An experienced educator, Grant leads our IST faculty and teaches Electronics and Engineering Studies. Grant is an experienced presenter and facilitator. His recent presentations include MoodleMoots in Sydney and Melbourne, Expanding Learning Horizons, and Making it Mobile. He has run workshops for Kincoppal Rose Bay, Pacific Hills Christian School, and Mater Dei College in Wagga.